Hi! We’re conversationHEALTH, a fast-growing conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) company based out of MaRS Discovery District in downtown Toronto.
Our SaaS product and services are helping pharmaceutical companies re-imagine and re-wire how they engage Health Care Practitioners, patients and consumers. conversationHEALTH was built to drive engagement, help education, and support health stakeholders, all of which are critical to ensuring successful health outcomes.
Our clients are Top 30 Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies, and our work is targeted to supporting Enterprise customers globally.
About the opportunity
We are actively seeking a talented and enthusiastic team member to step into a challenging Cloud Devops Engineer responsible for Cloud Platform Engineering to help maintain and evolve our Conversational AI engagement platform. You will be working collaboratively with other teams and promoting best practices of cloud application architecture, security, SDLC, QA/QC, CI/CD, and DevOps.
We know how valuable problem-solving and leadership skills are to our company’s success. If you are ready for the world of enhanced, AI engagement then we are excited to have you on our team.
What you will be doing:
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure provisioning, deployments, testing, monitoring services, and test cases based on modern CI/CD principles in Cloud (GCP).
- Writes custom code or scripts to do "destructive testing" to ensure adequate resiliency in production.
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Contributes to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, or engineering empowerment
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Contributes to meaningful architecture diagrams and other documentation needed for security reviews.
- Defines Service Level Objectives for product(s) to constantly measure their reliability in production and help prioritize backlog work
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for product(s)
- Proactively reviews the performance and capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
- Triages high priority issues and outages as they arise
- Participates in and leads learning activities around modern devops core practices
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used.
- Ensuring all application features are well designed, scalable, secure, tested, and well documented
- Ensuring platform components are can be easily integrated with client systems and 3rd parties
- Supporting technology audits by clients and 3rd parties
Is this role right for you?
- You are looking for a unique role that requires platform architecture, technical/coding, platform security responsibilities
- You will collaborate with your team effectively for the team and organization success
- You will set the development standards and help ensure they are followed
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with data management and cloud back-end / API development
- Demonstrated experience working in AGILE and DevOps environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Building, documenting, deploying, and maintaining secure RESTful APIs
- Enterprise API security and identity management best practices and frameworks
- Architecting, managing, and deploying relational and non-relational databases
- Microservices design principles and frameworks
- Strong understanding of performance optimization, especially in latency-sensitive (millisecond scale) environments
- Work with fulfillment services (access control, authentication, messaging, etc.)
- CI/CD pipeline integration
- Cloud application and infrastructure architectures, including distributed storage, compute, serverless, and containerized Docker / Kubernetes applications
- Tech Stack strengths:
- Linux (various distributions), GAE, GCE (GCP), Cloud Run.
- Tableau, Data Studio, Looker
- Git (Github, BitBucket)
- JIRA and Confluence
- CI/CD (Jenkins, DockerHub)
- Docker / Kubernetes
- API frameworks, API and Identify Management frameworks (e.g. WSO2 or equivalent)
- Google Cloud Platform (preferred) or equivalent cloud experience:
- Firebase, Firestore or equivalent key-value store, BigQuery
- App Engine or equivalent cloud application deployment framework
- Dialog Flow (preferred) or equivalent engine
- Machine Learning APIs and frameworks (AutoML, Translation APIs, and others)
- Tech Stack experience:
- HTML 5 / CSS 3
- Python (Django / Flask)
- Jenkins / Maven / Selenium
- ISO/IEC 27001 standards
BenefitsOpportunity to work in a ground-breaking industry with top-tier clientsYou will be working alongside passionate and talented colleagues, where you’ll be challenged and given the opportunity to leadCompetitive compensation, along with excellent health and dental benefits, including a Health Spending AccountOur office is located in MaRS Discovery District - a beautiful heritage building bursting with innovation and creativity at Queens Park subway stationAdditional week of vacation as we observe a holiday closure
conversationHEALTH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.Apply for this position
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.