Hi! We’re conversationHEALTH, a fast-growing conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) company based out of MaRS Discovery District in downtown Toronto. Our SaaS product and consulting services are helping pharmaceutical and biotech companies re-imagine how they engage Health Care Practitioners, patients, and consumers.
conversationHEALTH was built to drive engagement, help educate, and support health stakeholders, all of which are critical to ensuring successful health outcomes. Our clients are all Top 30 Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies, and our work is targeted to supporting Enterprise customers globally.
We have some exciting news: We are growing rapidly and are adding an Editor, Medical Conversations to our scaling team!
If you are looking for a path to fast growth, an opportunity to truly lead, and want to join an AI tech company that’s fast becoming an industry benchmark, we encourage you to check us out!
Through “conversations”(content written in a dialogue format), our bots deliver answers and support to our users anytime, anywhere. The Editor, Medical Conversations is an exceptional professional whose knowledge and mastery of grammar and syntax help transform these complex and regulated medical conversations into clear, compelling, and compliant messaging.
You will be responsible for editing and proofreading conversations aimed at healthcare professionals and consumers across different channels, including text and voice.
● Using robust knowledge of effective information organization, content structure, and sentence flow, edit conversations:
o Ensuring proper use and communication of medical concepts, terminology, and standards
o Optimizing copy for the appropriate conversational interface, be it text or voice
o Applying knowledge of natural conversational dialogue copywriting, ensure conversations are fluid and consistent with the UX functionality and design of the bot
o Checking for adherence to project-specific rules and relevant style guides
● Using superior attention to detail, proofread conversations by:
o Championing consistency across conversations
o Gate-keeping quality, ensuring content changes are applied appropriately
o Suggesting conversation changes for grammar and syntax, while adhering to bot persona and medical communication standards
● Provide feedback to the Conversation Writers, improving the quality of conversations written
● Help the product team define, test, and improve our internal conversation management platform
● Develop and maintain existing style guides, manuals and any other training materials and tools
● Aid in the onboarding and training of other members of the Conversation Team
● Other administrative tasks, as assigned
● A bachelor’s degree in science minimum. Preferably a Masters’ or healthcare degree
● Formal training/education in copyediting
● 3+ years of medical editing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
● Either direct experience with, or understanding of, UX design principles
● Familiarity with the American Medical Association (AMA) style guide
● Agility and to navigate within the ambiguity of a rapidly-growing business and work with minimal supervision
● Creative problem-solving skills
● Exceptional attention to detail is essential
Nice to Haves:
● Knowledge of pharmaceutical advertising and US, Canadian, and global marketing regulations (e.g., FDA, PAAB, etc.)
● Previous experience in editing content for chatbots and voice agents
● Understanding of AI and NLU limitations and its implications on conversations
● Previous start-up experience is considered an asset
● Knowledge of current medical practice is an asset
● Opportunity to work in a ground-breaking industry working with top-tier clients
● You will be working alongside passionate and talented colleagues, where you’ll be challenged and given the opportunity to lead
● Our office is located in MaRS Discovery District - a beautiful heritage building bursting with innovation and creativity at Queens Park subway station
● Additional week of vacation as we observe a holiday closure