Data and Infrastructure Engineer - GCP
Virtual / Downtown Toronto (MaRS Phase 2)
Type of Job
We are a fast-growing conversational AI company that specialized in the development of chatbots for the Life Sciences industry. We are based out of MaRS in Toronto and our SaaS product and consulting services are helping healthcare focused companies re-imagine how they engage HCPs, patients and consumers. conversationHEALTH was built to increase engagement, education and support of healthcare stakeholders, especially those critical to successful health outcomes. Our customers are all top-tier pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and our work is both brand, medinfo, and enterprise-level in nature.
If you’re looking for a path to fast growth, an opportunity to truly lead, want to join an AI health-technology company that’s becoming a global industry benchmark, let’s talk!
About the opportunity
We are actively seeking a talented and enthusiastic team member to step into a challenging Cloud Devops Engineer responsible for Cloud Platform Engineering to help maintain and evolve our Conversational AI engagement platform. You will be working collaboratively with other teams and promoting best practices of cloud application architecture, security, SDLC, QA/QC, CI/CD, and DevOps.
We know how valuable problem-solving and leadership skills are to our company’s success. If you are ready for the world of enhanced, AI engagement then we are excited to have you on our team.
What you will be doing:
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure provisioning, deployments, testing, monitoring services, and test cases based on modern CI/CD principles in Cloud (GCP).
- Writes custom code or scripts to do "destructive testing" to ensure adequate resiliency in production.
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Contributes to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, or engineering empowerment
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Contributes to meaningful architecture diagrams and other documentation needed for security reviews.
- Defines Service Level Objectives for product(s) to constantly measure their reliability in production and help prioritize backlog work
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for product(s)
- Proactively reviews the performance and capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
- Triages high priority issues and outages as they arise
- Participates in and leads learning activities around modern devops core practices
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used.
- Ensuring all application features are well designed, scalable, secure, tested, and well documented
- Ensuring platform components are can be easily integrated with client systems and 3rd parties
- Supporting technology audits by clients and 3rd parties
Is this role right for you?
- You are looking for a unique role that requires platform architecture, technical/coding, platform security responsibilities
- You will collaborate with your team effectively for the team and organization success
- You will set the development standards and help ensure they are followed
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Minimum 3+ years’ experience with data management and cloud back-end / API development
Demonstrated experience working in AGILE and DevOps environments
Strong written and oral communication skills
Building, documenting, deploying, and maintaining secure RESTful APIs
Enterprise API security and identity management best practices and frameworks
Architecting, managing, and deploying relational and non-relational databases
Microservices design principles and frameworks
Strong understanding of performance optimization, especially in latency-sensitive (millisecond scale) environments
Work with fulfillment services (access control, authentication, messaging, etc.)
CI/CD pipeline integration
Cloud application and infrastructure architectures, including distributed storage, compute, serverless, and containerized Docker / Kubernetes applications
Tech Stack strengths:
Linux (various distributions), GAE, GCE (GCP), Cloud Run.
Tableau, Data Studio, Looker
Git (Github, BitBucket)
JIRA and Confluence
CI/CD (Jenkins, DockerHub)
Docker / Kubernetes
API frameworks, API and Identify Management frameworks (e.g. WSO2 or equivalent)
Google Cloud Platform (preferred) or equivalent cloud experience:
Firebase, Firestore or equivalent key-value store, BigQuery
App Engine or equivalent cloud application deployment framework
Dialog Flow (preferred) or equivalent engine
Machine Learning APIs and frameworks (AutoML, Translation APIs, and others)
Tech Stack experience:
HTML 5 / CSS 3
Python (Django / Flask)
Jenkins / Maven / Selenium
ISO/IEC 27001 standards
Opportunity to work in a ground-breaking industry with top-tier clients
You will be working alongside passionate and talented colleagues, where you’ll be challenged and given the opportunity to lead
Competitive compensation, along with excellent health and dental benefits, including a Health Spending Account
Our office is located in MaRS Discovery District - a beautiful heritage building bursting with innovation and creativity at Queens Park subway station
Additional week of vacation as we observe a holiday closure
If you are a great fit for this position and conversationHEALTH, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to , or click the apply now below.